Reserve Tickets Here! Jul 11th, 2020 1:45 pm - 4:00 pm EFA Artist Collective Art Salon at the Home and Studio of Portia La Touche 1090 Neptune Ave Encinitas,
Jul 11th, 2020
1:45 pm – 4:00 pm
EFA Artist Collective Art Salon at the Home and Studio of Portia La Touche
There no such thing as bad publicity? P.T. Barnum
There is only one thing worse in the world than being talked about. And that is not being talked about. Oscar Wilde.
How has Art criticism has changed in the 21 century? We have less published critiques because we have fewer newspapers and print media outlets. But now there is art in the online world. We deal with LIKES rather than serious write-ups. Criteria for success for an artist might include getting in a good gallery, sales, and getting published. In your view, does this also include getting reviewed/having a critique of your work? Or does this not matter to you? And why not? You know the old saying: there is no such thing as bad press!
We have a limited number of tickets for this free event hosted and moderated by Portia La Touche at her home and studio in Leucadia. As always we ask you to bring snack and drinks to contribute to the afternoon.Parking for 4 cars in driveway, Park on street or on railroad side of 101 (1 blk away). We suggest carpooling when possible. For more info: 858-354-3755
You are invited to view the studio space from 1:45 to 2 pm. Here are a small selection of the questions that will be discussed:
- How has the role of art criticism in society changed?
- How much does a good or bad review help or hurt your art creation and production, your marketing, and/or your confidence?
- Has your work been critiqued? How and by whom? And what was the outcome or effect on your exhibit, on sales, and on you?
- What is the value of online art criticism to the artist? to the viewer?
- What can the artist do, if anything, to influence the direction of art criticism today?
(Saturday) 1:45 pm - 4:00 pm
Home and Studio of Portia La Touche
1090 Neptune Ave.