Saturday June 12th 2021 10am-1pm
Join local plein air painter and EFA volunteer Sean Hnedak and other artists as we paint out in the open air! Capture the beauty of the beach with just a brush! Day will start with a short demo to get you started, all levels welcome! If you’ve never painted outdoors before but have always wanted to now is your chance to do so in a supportive environment! Suggested donation: $15
Space is limited, Please reserve your spot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
New to Plein Air?
Suggested Materials (or bring your favs!)
Please bring your favorite art supplies! If you have any questions email Sean: email@example.com
- Portable easel/tripod mounted “pochade box” – many options, do your research depending on price point.
- Oil paint – Warm and Cool primaries + titanium white (If you don’t have any I recommend this set as they are smaller tube sizes and very affordable! Brands: Williamsburg, Gamblin, Old Holland, Winsor & Newton (Do not buy student grade as it will just make your life harder)
- Painting surface – Panel, Canvas Panel, Linen Panel, Stretched Canvas (Recommended: Ampersand Gessoboard) or Gesso your own MDF panels.
- Painting size – Start small! 5x7in – 11x1inches
- Brushes – Trekell.com (Use my referral code for $5 off! ) – way higher quality AND cheaper than at Michaels
- Tripod – if you have a tripod mounted portable easel make sure to bring a tripod!
- Sunscreen, hat, bottle of water, snack, hand wipes, paper towels, bag
You may also use watercolor, gouache, acrylic, or any other medium of your choice, but demo will be done in oils. Principles and techniques will still apply even if using a different medium.